Today's highlights:
*When we woke up this morning, Kelly said she was really hungry. But I said I wasn't that hungry. So we went walking looking for breakfast. Then all of a sudden, I was really hungry, and sometimes when I'm really hungry, I get nauseous. So I threw up in the street. Then a Vietnamese man gave me some sort of herbal oil (which he called Tiger Balm, but which looked a lot different), and made me dab it on my temples and my neck. It burned a lot, but I think it helped. Then we went and ate scrambled eggs and coffee.
*Tourism checklist: None. You have to pay to get into the pagodas in Hoi An and we already saw some for free in Ho Chi Minh City. We did walk over a Japanese covered bridge.
*We had cappuccinos, walked around the city, and had hour-long massages for $15.
*Hoi An is known for its tailors, who can supposedly copy any article of clothing perfectly, and really cheaply. Everyone wants to make Kelly dresses, but we don't have room to carry them. Unless we buy another backpack--you can get North Face ones that look real for like $20. Also on the shopping list: cashmere T-shirts with embroidered Aston silhouettes. Anyone else want one? I think there's a volume discount.
*We ate dinner with the German couple last night--Annette and Toby. It turns out that they don't smoke, and Annette drank Coke, while Toby drank an embarassing one beer. We didn't eat that much food because it was only 7:30 and we ate a huge Indian meal at 4:45. (I hope we're not sick of it by the time we get to India.) Anyway, that's probably why I was so hungry this morning.
*Toby is in grad school in Lausanne, Switzerland. Maybe we'll visit him later.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment